There are a few things that NEED to be in my travel handbag when flying out. I have a habit of packing my bag the night before, I mostly keep chucking things in my bag here and there but I check it one last time right before I go to sleep. Here are my must-haves:
1. Technology: I have to have my phone and headphones everywhere I go but most importantly on a long journey. It helps me zone out and sleep. It also helps with boredom on the shorter flights and definitely helps with relaxation. I don’t suffer from any kind of anxiety whilst travelling but I know a lot of people do and this can be one way of keeping yourself calm or a distraction.
2. Snacks: If you’re on a road trip or on a low budget flight these will always come in handy. You may think you won’t be hungry on a two hour flight but in reality it’s more than just two hours considering time spent at the airport etc.
3. Wet wipes: These things are so handy! Wiping your hands after eating or even to wipe your face to feel a bit refreshed after a long journey. I always find myself reaching for them; that may be because I’m a bit of a clean freak but I swear they are so useful.
4. Deoderant: After a four hour journey you want to feel fresh. Even though deoderant may not literally make you feel fresher but it can definitely make you feel cleaner. I don’t know, I always feel good if I smell good. P.S perfumes won’t work!
5. A pen: You never know when you might need one. Yes technology has taken over the world, and who even uses pens nowadays.. right? Well, I do. It comes in handy at the most unexpected times and there’s no harm in carrying one.
6. Hair ties: No girl can ever have enough hair ties so it’s always a good idea to keep extras in your bag. I always put them in the little zip pocket so I don’t have to spend ages looking for them.
7. Pharmacy basics: Any medication needs to go in the bag. It’s also a good idea to keep painkillers as you never know, you may end up with a headache because maybe you didn’t sleep well as you got up really early for your flight and also didn’t have time for any breakfast? Keeping plasters is also a good idea for any cuts that may unexpectedly occur.
8. Tissues: Everyone always needs tissues. No other explanation needed – I’m sure everyone will agree with me on this.
9. Gum: I personally always chew gum, usually because I get travel sick. But even if you don’t, it’s always nice to have the option of minty fresh breath when desired.
10. Passport and Boarding Pass: I thought I’d leave the most obvious to last.
What are your travel essentials ?